Disclaimer

This blog represents my personal reactions to my experience as a Peace Corps volunteer. It is not an official communication from the United States Government or the Peace Corps.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Friends out there!

How cool is this? Facebook has a group of others going to Botswana in April! I can now officially share my excitement as well as my nervousness with others who understand.

Well, I thought I had retired from the political world, but a dear friend called just before Christmas asking me to be her legislative Aide until I go. She is newly elected to the Colorado Senate and I do believe she is one of the most capable and honest people in our legislature, so I guess I have a job after all until April 1. It's probably a good way to keep my anxiety level in check!

I have also located the blog and email of a friend (a nurse practitioner) from Denver who is also in Botswana at this time. What a gift - to have someone to ask - do they cook with olive oil in Bots? and similar questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment